But I'm not sure the piece I worked on at Diane's will become a vest. Early on in the felting, Diane and I discussed the quality of the wool I was working with. It's merino but it's not fine merino, has a bit of rough texture to it for merino. It didn't really want to felt easily the way good merino does. I was having trouble getting the embellishments to felt in. Here at home, I decided to concentrate on just one spot to see what I could accomplish and how long it would take for success. After 20 minutes, it ... was... felting... but I decided it wasn't going to be worth the effort to make it nuno felt and I didn't want to lose the silk under the wool. I peeled the wool off in two sections, layed out one piece on some bubble wrap and wet felted it. The other piece is not as intact and I'm not sure I can put it back together enough for yardage to sew a vest. And I'm not sure I want to even if I can. There is enough that I could easily make a cat bed for Fiona. I'll be thinking on it.